The GEMLAN-D EDI Protocol Module, along with FactoryLink's Device Interface Module, allows you to configure bi-directional communications between FactoryLink applications and Gem PLCs fitted with a GEMLAN-D network interface. GEMLAN-D uses DECnet as the network protocol, providing a high-speed interface, and the Protocol Module is highly optimised for read/write throughput.
The GEMLAN-D EDI Protocol Module also provides facilities for linear scaling and for indirect addressing on both reads and writes, to simplify large application configuration. Application-configurable control over opening and closing of DECnet links is included in order to minimize runtime network overhead. Links can be opened at startup and remain permanently open until Protocol Module shutdown, or links can be opened only when read/writes are triggered, if large system configurations dictate.
- Data Tables : A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, U, V, W, FA, FB, FC, FD, FE, FF, FG, FH, FI, FJ, FK, FL, FM, FN, FO, FP, FQ, FR, FU, FV, FW
- Tag types: DIGITAL, ANALOG, LONG ANALOG, FLOAT, MESSAGE
- Block reads, block writes, exception writes
- Allows configuration of as many read and write tables as available memory allows. The number of entries in each table is also limited only by available memory
- Microsoft Windows NT, Windows 2000 as supported by FactoryLink
- FactoryLink NT Version 6.6.0, 7.0, 7.1
- FactoryLink Device Interface (DI) option
- Requires GEMLAN-D interface in PLC.
- Requires Pathworks from Compaq, formerly Digital Equipment Corporation, to provide the DECnet capability. (Version 2.0b or later.)
- Requires Ethernet adapter with operating system support.
Part Numbers (Terms & Conditions Apply)
| Home | Contact Us | Search |
© 2001-5 Axisware LLC, Plano, TX, USA. Tel +1 (214) 764 1876. Fax
+1 (214) 764 1878
About this site. All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. E&OE.